Sunday 15 January 2017

Three Robbers in a Bus I met and the lesson I learnt… (Part 1)

This is real story of mine.....


The story is around 5 years back story (this day being of Jan. 2017). 

By the way those who do not know, beside practicing Martial arts, I am an B.Tech, Engineer and working in a company too. At that time I was learning Kung Fu (combat system) form Master Santosh Singh and Muay Thai from Mr. Sandeep Rao.

So coming back to the story 5 years back. This was just any regular day. I left for the day around 6:30 P.M from my Office in Motinagar, Delhi. Taking Metro from Inderlok to Dilshad Garden which was my regular route to travel. 

Ok. Let me mention my exact route for you to understand the story. Specially for those who do not know much about me. 

Motinagar, Delhi (Office) >>by bus>> Inderlok Metro Station >>Metro>> Dilshad Garden Metro >>walking>> Dilshad Garden Border Bus Stand >>Bus>> Anand Vihar Auto Stand >>Shared Auto>> Vaishali in Ghaziabad (my home)

So now you must have understood my route. Let's go back to the story.

I was standing on Dilshad Garden Border Bus Stand to take a bus. DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation) bus came and I entered from the back door (which is expected from everyone). Now I was not the only one to enter. There were many people to enter the bus. After taking this 5 Rs. ticket to Anand Vihar Auto Stand, I got a place to stand in a corner of the bus near back gate only. Suddenly my eyes saw one person looking very strange. I cannot explain what strange I saw in him. May be my sixth sense said he is a thief. He looked dangerous too. Same like this  cartoon.... 

                                     

But this cartoon Thief is Bald. The one I saw was not...Hahahahahaha.... 

His height was little shorter than me. I am 5.65 ft. He will be around 5.5 and well built. Another one was standing near to him. He was taller than me (around 5.8 or 5.9 ft) and built just like me. 
Both were standing infront of the gate and their eyes was looking for something. Suddenly something naughty came to my mind and I decided to come near to them so that they can steel something from me and I can catch them red handed. I really do not know how can I be so sure that they were thief and believe me this was the first time I felt something like this. As I got closer to them, to my surprise, one with short height started taking my Mobile from my right pocket. He started taking Mobile from my pant pocket slowly and slowly. I was able to hear his breath running faster than normally. This is something natural when people do wrong things their breath gets faster and shorter. This is what I consider part of Internal Martial arts. Mobile in my pocket had been taken Half. Suddenly, another thought came in my mind that even if I catch this man red handed and beat him read and blue, another man can simply take my mobile in between and can flee away. What I will be left with..!!!!!!! I will be at loss as I will be without Mobile...!!!! So I decided to stop this matter here only.  


Here comes the conversation which I now consider funny but dangerous..... But yes I learnt  a lot from this instance. I will share with you this learning at the end of my post.. 

I turned my face to his face. I pushed his head with my right hand and said. ( Iam writing in Hindi and English both as Hindi will be more funny)

Me: Galat Bande k paas aa gaya hai aaj tu (You have come up to a wrong Guy).

Thief 1: Kyaaaa ho gayaaa (Bhaari awaaj me bola).... ( What Happenedddd....(In harsh and bold voice)

Me: Abe bataau abhi, kya ho gaya hai... Nikal le...Galat bande k paas aa gaya hai aaj tu (What happenned...!!! You wanna me to tell what happenedd...!!!. Go way..You have come up to a wrong Guy)

Thief 1: Shaant ho jaa.. Nahi to.... (Shut up...Or I will....!!!)

Me: Abe maanega nahi kyaa... Maan Jaa... Aaj tera din bura hai bahut...Nikal le. ( You don' t wanna understand..!!!! Try to... Today your day is not good... Go away)

Theif 2: "He touches my chin with his right hand fingers trying to scare me and says"... Kyaaa ho gayaaaa.. Aaj Shaniwaar hai... ( What Happened.. Is today Saturday...!!!)

Me: Sahi Bolaaaa tuuu... Aaj Shaniwaar hai...Tum dono pe Shanigrah hai aaj ( Yes you are right. Today is saturday. Today God of Saturday is Angry on you) 

(Those who do not know, In Hinduism, Saturday is devoted to one most feared Demi God known as Shani Dev. Though all Hindus do not think in the same way including me as Hinduism is a very vast religion and people are free to adopt whatever suits them for their spiritual advancement)

Theif 2: He keeps quiet after that.

Theif 1: Abe jyada kya bol raha hai neeche mil le. Fir batata hu (Don't speak too much. Come meet us outside this Bus now. Then I will show you)

Me: Haa aajaa.. Nikal le nahi to bahut maarungaa... (Common i am ready... Just go way..Or I will beat you very badly)

Theif 1: Started going towards the front door and says.... Aajaaa.... (Common come down)

Me: I was standing their only and said: Abe aaja utar le jaha milna hai mil le..chal utar (Common.. Get down. I am ready to come down wherever you say.. Get down)

However I was intelligent enough not to get down to the place where he wants me to. But I was ready if he wanted to mess up at the stand where I was getting down, i.e, Anand Vihar Auto Stand. I was aware there was a Police booth too. This was hardly 15 minutes route.

POINT TO BE NOTED: I WAS ALONE IN THE BUS FIGHTING (VERBALLY) WITH THEM. NO ONE WAS COMING IN BETWEEN AND TO BE TRUE I NEVER EXPECT ANYONE TO COME FROM MY SIDE. THIS LESSON I GOT IN MY CHILDHOOD. SO I ALWAYS CONSIDER MYSELF AS A ALONE TIGER. THIS LESSON I WILL SHARE IN ANOTHER BLOG.

Blog name will be "Someone Slapped Me. Why I started learning Martial arts?"

Last two conversation lines kept on going for sometime and then he and his mate went down the bus somewhere in between these two stands. As soon as these two people left the bus, one of the Bus Passenger said me, Bhaiya (Brother), they are total three. He saw three people outside the bus having conversation with each other. I saw them and then I had a smile on my face thinking answer to his question as "Who cares". 

This was of course my overconfidence at that time. Today seeing myself having more knowledge I can understand how much bad that situation would have been. They might have blades, may be pistols for which I was mentally as well as technically not at all prepared. This situation might have killed me too. Trust me I am not at all scared of facing such situation. Neither at that time nor today. But today Iam far better than at that time and more knowledgeable too. So now I will handle such situation in a different way.

Lessons I learned:

1. Whenever such situation happens, their will be a natural little nervousness feeling and heart will start pumping at higher rate due to high adrenaline flow. One who can see this feeling arising inside himself/ herself and can control and channelize it can control any worse situation in life.

2. I was literally very embarrassed by myself when second thief touched my chin and I was not aware of that and was too much focused on first thief. This happens in a street fight where multiple opponents are involved. One has to be too much alert and aware of everything happening around himself when involved in such fights. This was the basic and last training I received in my Kung Fu study. One who is not alert all the time will fail sometime on street even if he is a world champion in sports.

3. Their is a big difference between street self defense and sports competitions.

4. Whoever is doing wrong thing will always be nervous about that. Same as like these thieves when their breathing pattern changed.


NO. STORY IS NOT FINISHED YET. BECAUSE THEY MET ME AGAIN ON THE SAME ROUTE...

NEXT STORY WILL COME IN PART 2... TILL THEN BE IN SUSPENSE AND IMAGINE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT.....  πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ


Namaste

Ranjit Mishra
Martial Warriors Academy
www.martialart-warriors.in
Email- ranjitmishramartialarts@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment