Thursday 2 March 2017

MY KUNG FU STUDY AND CONCEPT OF ALERTNESS


My Kung fu study (for 5 years) was not like other people practice Kung Fu. It was totally different from what people normally study in Kung Fu course. In my study what i learnt is




                                   Practice- Research- Practice- Apply practically

I practiced no forms and whatever i was able to apply practically was part of my Kung Fu though few basics are similar to other people practice Kung Fu.

But the best of the best thing that I learned in my Kung Fu study is Alertness concept.


According to Master Santosh Singh, one needs to remain alert at all times and at all places and be ready to fight at any place. This was the basic of my Kung Fu study. Even the best fighter in the world can be defeated if he is not alert at all times. Because if you are good in fighting then weaker one often cheats in fight to defeat/ Kill you. There are numerous examples of such cases where weaker one backstab stronger ones because they do not want to fight them like man from front.This knowledge i am sharing with you is total summary of what i have learnt in Kung Fu.

But this kind of alertness do not comes just by knowing it. Habit has to be formed for this. How I developed this habit is very interesting to know and is bit filmy. But yes this is true. 


Whenever and wherever we met, in a class or outside class, he used to test me anytime by hitting me. In return i had to defend against that particular attack. We have done this in functions also.. :-) 

This habit took years to develop. Then second stage was He hits, I block and then I instantly hit and he blocks. This took another one year to develop inside me.


This practice helped me a lot as I am ready to defend myself anywhere and at any time. The better offensive concepts I know was from other Martial Arts I learnt/ learning afterwards but defensive concept was best in my Kung Fu study.

Another kind of practice we used to do with weapons and without weapons was He hits and I block. None of the attacks and none of the blocks was fixed. Below link is a just a small example of such kind of practice in initial stage.


This video shows me defending with Tonfa and he hitting with Long stick. Point to note is nothing is choreographed and this was my training in initial stages.


LESSON LEARNT- BE ALERT TO REMAIN ALIVE

Namaste

Amituofo


Ranjit Mishra
Martial Warriors Academy
www.martialart-warriors.in
Email- ranjitmishramartialarts@gmail.com

2 comments: