Tuesday 7 March 2017

The BISCUIT, Kalaripayattu Guru and the Dhyana lesson


One day in evening I went to meet my Kalaripayattu Guruji. He was sitting in his Ayurvedic Chemists shop in Mayur Vihar, Delhi. I sat too with him to chat on some issues. He ordered Tea for us and took out Biscuit from his shop. We started dipping Biscuit in a Tea to eat it. As I was taking Biscuit from a Packet in his hand, by mistake one Biscuit fell on the ground. Guruji said in a joking way, What are you doing, where is your Dhyana (Concentration)..!!!

I smiled and came back with my philosophy and said- I think Biscuit had gone to the ones who deserves it today. I was referring to one very famous statement in hindi - Daane Daane pe likha hai Khaane Waale ka Naam ( Name of deserving one is already written by God on every seed/ drop of food/water).

Guruji came back with an answer- But this should not happen from the hands of Martial artist.

I remained quiet and started thinking on it. After few days, I got the answer. The Martial artist should be so much perfect in his/her work that he/she should not make such mistakes. In other words, Martial artist must be aware of each and every second, must enjoy each and every present moment. If one does so, one will certainly not make such mistake.  

A very big lesson I have learnt. I am still trying to achieve it. However I still make mistakes but Iam trying my best and I have been successful at some level in this.


Namaste

Ranjit Mishra
Martial Warriors Academy
www.martialart-warriors.in
Email- ranjitmishramartialarts@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment